Thursday, February 17, 2011

Music Streaming

I have used Pandora for years and love the concept of it. Easy access on the go with iPhone apps and being able to access if from any Internet accessible computer is great. It made me made that they are trying to restrict the amount of music that a user can listen to per month AND how they only allowed to yo skip a few songs an hour, but also that sometimes you can't actually pick the specific song that you wanted to hear. I like that it allows you to make a station based on the genre, artist, song, or album that you like and that it recommends other artists or songs that are similar. I actually have found myself listening to other artists that I have never heard of before. I think that Pandora should allow users to make actual playlists down to the song choice and allow more skipped songs per hour.
I think people will continue to purchase albums, singles, and music when they find something they really like. For example, when my favorite artist comes out with a new album I know I could listen to it online for free but I WANT it so I can put it on my iPod/iPhone and my laptop to enjoy.
The whole idea of this is great and it helps with piracy of music! :) Gotta keep John Mayer fed and making music!

No comments:

Post a Comment