Thursday, February 17, 2011

YouTube

I LOVE YOUTUBE! I find myself spending hours upon hours watching entertaining videos on there. I'm actually on YouTube in a few videos but we really don't need to worry about those. :)
The videos that I watched were pretty interesting and helpful, some more than others.
I think it could be helpful for librarians to make 'how to' videos and post them on YouTube especially for complicated research or referencing things maybe by doing screen shots and talking throughout it. Even citing videos would be really helpful. I've actually heard you can get some money for doing instructional videos like this so it could be a small source for income for the library/librarians as well. Also, it would raise awareness and create publicity for the library. Our library could benefit by maybe posting Storytime videos from time to time on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment